Millions of visitors come to Myrtle Beach every year to soak in the sun along its relaxing beaches. If you’ve planned a vacation to the area only to have your trip “rained out,” you don’t need to count the trip as a total loss. Besides the beaches and wonderful golf, North Myrtle Beach has plenty of fun indoor activities for the whole family. The tourist destination known for its beaches is home to museums, malls and everything in between.
Below are some fun family-friendly indoor activities you can do in North Myrtle Beach:
- Hollywood Wax Museum Entertainment Center-Come and see life-size wax replicas of your favorite movie characters and stars at the Hollywood Wax Entertainment Center. Inside you can brave a zombie escape room and meander through a mirror maze in a quest to rescue a princess.
- Ripley’s 5D Moving Theater-Feel like you’re in an actual movie in Ripley’s 5D Moving Theater. As a part of the Ripley’s amusement complex, this theater has moving seats, 3D glasses and other special effects that gives viewers a feeling of being in the movie.
- Ripley’s Aquarium-You don’t have to be out in the ocean to see local marine life. At the Ripley’s Aquarium, you can watch mermaids, ride in a glass bottom boat, pet rays and even dive with sharks. Of course, you can also see your favorite marine animals in the aquarium’s many exhibits.
- The Market Common-Experience the area’s best shopping and dining along the tree line streets of the Market Common. Here, you can shop at the North Myrtle Beach’s top boutique and outlet stores and shops, dine at the area’s top 11 restaurants and enjoy a movie at the area’s best theater.
- Tanger Outlet Center-If bargain shopping is your idea of fun, check out Tanger Outlet Center where you can shop at outlet stores of your favorite clothing and shoe brands.
- Rockin’ Jump-Family fun can be had at this indoor trampoline park.
- 710 Burgers, Bocce, Beer and Bowling-Ranked as a top game and entertainment center by Trip Advisor, 710 North Myrtle Beach features a bowling alley and a game room featuring both coin-operated games, such as air hockey and basketball, free games including darts, board games and table tennis and hourly games including billiards and shuffleboard. 710 also has a full bar and restaurant featuring some of the best food and drink specials in the area.
If you’re looking for a place where you can spend hours enjoying a selection of games while sipping on your favorite beer or cocktail, 710 is the place to go. After or during your fun time of bowling, gaming, and socializing, 710’s restaurant features a wide variety of entrees from the kid favorite burger to the beach favorite crab cakes to lamb chops for you to enjoy. This place has something for everyone!
The rain doesn’t have to put a damper on your vacation to North Myrtle Beach. From seeing oddities to shopping to bowling and games, there is a fun indoor activity for everyone.
For more information about fun activities in North Myrtle Beach, check out our blog post “8 Great Things to Do in North Myrtle Beach.”